McDonald's faces 'one or two' sexual harassment claims every week

자유게시판

McDonald's faces 'one or two' sexual harassment claims every week

Jake 0 9,293 2023.11.15 00:04
McDonald's receives 'one or two' complaints of sexual harassment from staff every single week, its UK boss admitted today. 

Alistair Macrow was grilled by MPs after an investigation revealed a 'toxic culture' at its restaurants, with staff as young as 17 complaining of being groped and harassed almost routinely. 

ihr-lieblingsplatz-um-zu-wandern.jpg?b=1&s=170x170&k=20&c=SFSFPNM-A0NTJZpSHRkfyrleKmfiIKYMaUzZ4MTpUl4=The chief executive offered an 'unreserved apology' to anyone who had suffered abuse or harassment under his watch and said their testimonies had been 'truly horrific and hard to listen to'.

The fast food chain is is currently looking into 279 reports relating to safety and inclusivity in the workplace that it has received since July - 79 of which related to sexual harassment.   

Mr Macrow said 157 reports have already been fully investigated, with 75 resulting in disciplinary action, including 18 dismissals and 17 cases of sexual harassment.

Alistair Macrow offered an 'unreserved apology' to anyone who had suffered abuse or harassment under his watch 

He told MPs: 'Since July, وب سایت کاریابی آنلاین 18 people have been dismissed in regards to complaints in total and we are still investigating 249 further cases. 

'We typically would see between 20 and 25 contacts per week, of which one or two are sexual harassment, across the organisation.'  

Mr Macrow was speaking during a committee session about allegations of a toxic workplace culture at McDonald's restaurants from former employees.

Asked how many of these cases had been reported to the police, he said: 'For any of these cases we'd recommend to the individual who reports it that they refer it directly to the police. 

'If there's an immediate offence occurring in the restaurant and someone's in danger we would speak to the police ourselves.'

Opening the session before the Commons business and trade committee, Mr Macrow apologised to his staff.   

'I'm a father of an 18-year-old myself and I fully understand how someone would feel if their child was subject to the kind of behaviours that have been identified here,' he said. 

Comments